Camp Management and Logistics
Equator Catering Limited can manage and run established remote camp operations, or put in place a fully operational self sufficient turn-key camp.
These can be mobile or semi permanent camps depending on requirements. We offer a full range of options tailored to suit your needs, no matter how remote the location or harsh the conditions.
Our aim is to provide the customer with a wel- balanced and nutritional diet served on site or on the road as per requirements and to ensure that the best produce is purchased, transported correctly, stored and prepared under hygienic conditions to the highest standards.
Equator Catering will provide all the necessary equipment, crockery, cutlery etc needed for the service of the contract.
Other Camp Services
The focus of Equator Catering Ltd is to provide a solid and complete solution to our customers’ needs with regard to camp management, incorporating an array of services outside of food and beverage parameters. Equator Catering can additionally facilitate our customers with:
- Management of units, structural or canvass
- Provision of all linen, pillows and towels as well as basic toiletries
- Insect control (mainly mosquitoes and termites)
- Servicing of electrics
- General housekeeping duties
- Provision of laundry service for all camp personnel
- Correct usage of chemicals and soap powders
- Provision of suitable drying and ironing facilities (re-mango fly infestation)
- Management of grey water
- Maintenance and cleaning of all toilets, showers and basins
- Hot and cold water management
- Water treatment where necessary (sterilization and chlorination)
- Supply of all washing soap
- Sewerage and grey water control
- Rubbish collection and waste pit management
- General compound duties (grass cutting, pathways and plants)
- Perimeter fence and security lighting
- Waste disposal (bio-degrade, recycle or return to source)
- Well trained and capable (all covered with workman’s compensation)
- Supervisor on site 24 hours a day
- Identifiable uniforms
- Health, safety and hygiene awareness
Balanced Diet: A balanced diet is frequently recommended by nutritionists, but what particular balance is best for men working in the field? How much of what type of food should be consumed on a daily basis? Is a high carbohydrate, low fat diet best? Or is a high fat, high protein, low carbohydrate program better? How much carbohydrate/protein/fat is considered high or low? Is the food pyramid the best way to determine a balanced diet? What about eating foods from the basic food groups (meat, dairy, grains, fruits and vegetables). Camp Diets: Equator Catering can put together 7 to 14 day nutritional, varied and interesting balanced diets for our customers. All diets are correctly balanced and based on the five main food groups. It is then easy for us to increase or decrease any of the food groups in our menus to allow for the physical aspect of up country / field work. All menus are easily revised to follow more specific dietary requirements, and cultures. Equator Catering can produce menus that will suit all dietary cultures from local Ugandan fare to Asian and Oriental menus.
Camp Catering Gallery: Click to view larger image
- VAT: Fully Registered
- Type of Business: Public Limited
- VAT Number: 14281-W
- Tin Number: 1000020516
- Withholding Tax: Exempt
- Registration Number: 58657